Is a new career on your 2017 Resolution List? Read on. Emery & Webb is hiring an Production Underwriter Trainee here in our Fishkill, NY office.
Production Underwriter Trainee:
Our team is looking for a Production Underwriter Trainee. Are you a team player that can manage the details, attract new clients and keep relationships positive with existing clients? If so, we want to talk with you.
The Production Underwriter is a hybrid sales and service position that works with both our clients as well as our insurance company partners to effectively underwrite a growing, profitable book of business. The Production Underwriter evaluates information, negotiates coverage and maintains relationships that grow both referral and new business opportunities. The service responsibilities include those responsibilities normal to Commercial Lines service, including but not limited to renewal reviews, certificates of insurance, and billing inquiries.
About the Job:
- Implements and executes annual marketing initiatives of the team including but not limited to mailings, email blasts, trade shows, and phone calls.
- Reviews and evaluates new business applications including but not limited to: Accord applications, supplemental applications when appropriate, photos, inspection reports, loss runs and ITV calculations, in accordance with company granted underwriting authority.
- Submits referrals to company underwriters, per the referral authority granted by each partner company.
- Facilitates communication between the Client/Agent/Broker and the company underwriter when needed.
- Reviews and processes renewal applications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Binds and issues new business and renewal policies per company guidelines.
- Meets or exceeds assigned team sales quota through rounding out additional lines of coverage for each client, creating new business opportunities from referrals, and developing a new business pipeline.
- Provides technical support to Clients/Agents/Brokers; specifically analyzing client needs, loss exposures, coverage forms and competitor quotations.
- Completes applications and performs online quoting of risks when available.
- Presents insurance proposals to brokers, insureds and or prospects, effectively communicating what the insurance is, what it does, and what it means to the buyer.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Processes renewals according to agency procedures. Takes lead in renewal meeting with the client, strategy determination, marketing and carrier negotiations.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors Degree
- 1 Year Commercial Lines Experience
- Current NY Insurance License
- Valid Drivers License
Do you fit the mold? Please submit your information and résumé on our Employment Page.