The Labor Day Weekend Dilemma
Long weekends can go one of two ways. We attempt to mash 25 overdue home projects (including several trips to the home improvement store), 2-3 family get-togethers, dinner with friends, running the kids to sleepovers, and the annual softball tournament into what was supposed to be a relaxing three-day weekend. Or we have no plan whatsoever, resulting in oversleeping, mismanaged time, missed opportunities and the frustrating feeling on Tuesday morning that we frittered away a three-day weekend and have no lasting memories or accomplishments to take away from it.
Breathe. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Resolution for Relaxation
Even at the 11th hour – meaning 3:30 pm on the Friday afternoon leading into Labor Day weekend – you can still make a Resolution for Relaxation that works in real life.
- Write down your weekend plan – now take something OFF the list
- Set your alarm for only an hour after your normal wake up time – don’t over sleep too much
- Take a walk outside
- Drink more water
- Laugh at your kid’s jokes
- Laugh at your spouse’s jokes
- Plan now to go to bed early on Monday night
- Sing along with the radio
- Take pictures – even pictures of the ordinary will be extraordinary someday
- If you must work, set aside a specific time for it – and stop when the time is up
- Each night, write down 5 things that you’re specifically thankful for from that day
- Drive sober
Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend, from all of us at Emery & Webb!