The Fishkill office of Emery & Webb Insurance will be hosting a Blood Drive on Thursday, May 8th.
- 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O
- The American Red Cross estimates that 38% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood
- Less than 10% of the U.S. population donates blood each year
(statistics taken from http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics)
When: Thursday May 8th, 12pm – 5pm
Where: 989 Main Street, Fishkill NY (Emery & Webb Insurance parking lot area)
- Be healthy
- Be at least 17 years old
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.